Make Change You Believe In
Feb 22, 2013
You can donate to the Lagoon Society with the new “ChangeIt” program if you’re a member of the Sunshine Coast Credit Union. It’s an easy way to donate as you simply have your debit card purchases rounded up to create ‘Virtual Change’ that is collected and donated to Charities you choose.
Here’s how it works:
- Register online at ChangeItCanada.com
- Choose the Ruby Lake Lagoon Society, and up to 4 other of your favourite charities.
- If you choose more than one charity, you decide what percentage of your donation will go to each charity.
- Set your minimum and maximum monthly donation; you can limit your monthly donations to $5, $10, $20 etc. YOU control how much you give each month
- You choose your ’rounding up’ preference. Every time you make a purchase with your debit card, it will be ‘virtually’ rounded up to the next dollar, for instance. The amount that goes through the point of sale system for that $17.75 purchase doesn’t change. Your virtual change rounded up to the next dollar of $0.25 will be collected by the Credit Union and given to your select charities at the end of each month.
- Your contact information will be given to the Lagoon Society so that we can issue a charitable tax receipt to you at the end of the year.
A great way to make change you believe in right here in our community!